Wednesday 15 July 2009

From Cipher to Cyber

In my children’s cyber world, I was the poor cipher Mom.

Their windows did not lend me light

The mouse remained beyond my grasp.

“Wake” said my elder son, “Change with the times”,

“Learn”, said the younger one, “ Be a Cyber Mom”

Sons turned tutors and held my hand

As I took my firstep into the Cyber land.

I mastered the keys and tamed the mouse,

Got trapped in the net , did surf and browse.

At times, I felt lost in this strange wonderland.

When my sons took off to far off lands,

Yahoo and Google brought them close.

Orkut is a network of old familiar faces

I realized the reach of the world wide web.

The cyber world ceased to be an unknown zone.

From cipher to Cyber have I come a long way.

No more a novice, though not an expert.

Much have I learnt, but there is more to learn

For ever beckons that untravelled world

Whose margin fades as I surf ahead.

Shailaja Chandran

(This is a poem which was published in the School Magazine, ‘The Threshold’ 2006-07)

3 comments:

  1. Would you please explain the 'cipher' part? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cipher is zero.I have progressed from cipher to cyber savvy in the cyber world.

    ReplyDelete